Monday, July 4, 2011

I Suck

...because I almost never update this beautiful piece of bloggery. As an apology, here's what I've been up to:

 This one sprung to mind the moment I saw the reference picture that's on the left. Figures. I'm going to clean up the lines, then start on some color washes. It's going to be delicious, especially since I really haven't had the chance to render out metallic materials digitally yet.
This one's slowly but surely coming along. Put some textures over it, but I hid them to show you guys the linework so far. You'll see them soon enough, though! 

 
More progress on this puppy. Did a lot more blending, and ideally made the light sources more consistent. Also added a warm undertone to build up on, along with some added contrast. Here's hoping it helps!

There's also a comic I've been chugging along on, and that will be all kinds of gorgeous once that's finished. I'm so psyched, it's ridiculous. Ooh! I should mention that I'm going to be a part of a summer festival over in the Pomona Arts Colony on the roof of the Fox Theater on August 20th. More info on that soon! 

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the pieces so far, and throw some critiques my way, yeah?

Cheers!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment